Replace Axles or Wheels
What you need:
1/8” screw driver
- Spoon or other rigid metal object
- New axles or wheels
Front (Smaller Wheels)
Front Wheels simply pop off the axle and you can replace these with your new Meeper colored wheels or other brick-block vendor wheels. Meeper Wheels fit and look the best with the circles on the spokes of the wheels facing out.
To replace a front axle:
- Pull wheels off horizontally to expose the axles.
- Remove the two screws from the bottom of the BOT with a 1/8” screwdriver.
- Remove the top of chassis.
- Using the 1/8” screwdriver, pry the brick ‘hub’ up to remove it from the chassis.
- Slide axle out of the hub.
- Replace new axles/hubs. Be sure the hubs are snug to the chassis.
- Replace top chassis and screws.
- Replace wheels – the circles on the spokes of the wheels face out.
Rear (Larger Wheels)
The rear wheels fit very tightly on the axles. You might need to use a spoon or a screwdriver to push off the wheels. You can also place the wheel on a raised surface and provide a light tap to the axle to pop it out of the wheel.
The rear axle on the rear motor shaft also fits tightly. Take a small screw driver or a spoon and pry off gently the axle from the motor shaft. When replacing an axle, note that the rear axle is keyed -- meaning the there is a flat surface on the axle insert that lines up with the flat surface on the motor shaft.
Caution: Always be careful when using sharp objects, such as your screwdriver, to pry on axles or hubs.