What you need:
Monster Wheels Installation Instructions
Original Wheels Installation Instructions
Front (Smaller) Wheels
Front Wheels simply pop off the axle and you can replace these with your new Meeper colored wheels or other brick-block vendor wheels. Meeper Wheels fit and look the best with the circles on the spokes of the wheels facing out.
To replace a front axle:
- Pull wheels off horizontally to expose the axles.
- Remove the two screws from the bottom of the BOT with a 1/8” screwdriver.
- Remove the top of chassis.
- Using the 1/8” screwdriver, pry the brick ‘hub’ up to remove it from the chassis.
- Slide axle out of the hub.
- Replace new axles/hubs. Be sure the hubs are snug to the chassis.
- Replace top chassis and screws.
Replace wheels – the circles on the spokes of the wheels face out.
Rear (Larger) Wheels
The rear wheels fit very tightly on the axles. You might need to use a spoon or a screwdriver to push off the wheels. You can also place the wheel on a raised surface and provide a light tap to the axle to pop it out of the wheel.
The rear axle on the rear motor shaft also fits tightly. Take a small screw driver or a spoon and pry off gently the axle from the motor shaft. When replacing an axle, note that the rear axle is keyed -- meaning the there is a flat surface on the axle insert that lines up with the flat surface on the motor shaft.
Caution: Always be careful when using sharp objects, such as your screwdriver, to pry on axles or hubs.